Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Non opaque fills over drawings in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this project with two floors where the outside part of the first floor I wanted to be visible from the second floor, just instead of extending the upper floor to show it I wanted to create an effect dimming the lower floor in this view (see screenshot attached).

It seems to work well on the layout but when I export it to PDF, it just goes completely white and the elements from the lower floor do not show.

It would be nice if this were fixed.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're using the lower floor as a trace reference, right?
If so, trace reference are not printable.
You can achieve what you want by correctly setting your Floor Plan Cut Plan. Also known as FPCP.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Braza wrote:
If so, trace reference are not printable.

Trace is printable if you use the regular File/Print - check Print Reference, but yes you're right it doesn't go with the View.

On Layouts, you can overlay 2 drawing (and place a semitransparent white fill between) to get a similar effect though.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
On Layouts, you can overlay 2 drawing (and place a semitransparent white fill between) to get a similar effect though.

This is exactly what I'm doing and the result does not match.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Lmpessoa wrote:
This is exactly what I'm doing and the result does not match.
Can you show us the Layout screenshot? Drawing has "Transparent Background" checked?
Semi-transparent fill has a pen 0 (transparent) background?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Can you show us the Layout screenshot? Drawing has "Transparent Background" checked?
Semi-transparent fill has a pen 0 (transparent) background?

The first of the screenshots I posted is from the actual layout, only the second is from the resulting PDF. The drawings and fill are all configured just like you described.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its weird...
How do you "export it to pdf"?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Documentation > Publish... then I select the layout set and click the "Publish" button

(names may differ because it is a direct translation to English from the names in my Portuguese)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see that you publish with true line weight. Try to publish with hairline in the pdf option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza,

This would probably mess with the lines in all other drawings in my set and the result wouldn't be what I want. I understand it should work the way it is, especially considering the layout produces the right result (I myself can only consider this to be a bug).