Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

OPENING TOOL

RWARCHPC
Booster
I use the opening tool on a regular basis and find it extremely helpful. Now I'm spoiled and want more: The feature development for this tool I would find super useful would be to customize the opening of the cut element/slab/ composite. i.e. if I'm cutting a hole in a wood frame wall with gypsum wall board, it would be great to define the opening itself with gypsum wallboard instead of just seeing the raw framing. Kind of like using the wall end tool, only with four sides.
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS Monterey
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, if I understand correctly, you want the ability to apply individual profiles to any of the edges of an Opening element?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
RWARCHPC
Booster
Actually, I'd like to be able define the finished edge of an opening created with the opening tool as well as its thickness. In this case: 5/8" GWB. I think Jared Banks does this using the shell tool, so I will try this as a workaround.
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS Monterey
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage