BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Object selection dots in multiple windows

I would love to see when you select an object in a 3D window that the same object would show as selected in a 2D plan view as well. (Or whichever window is active.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a huge wish of mine also. It seems like I'm always tracing down a small portion of wall that didn't properly clip to a roof. Which wall is it. This would make it so much easier.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
It seems like I'm always tracing down a small portion of wall that didn't properly clip to a roof. Which wall is it.
This is why Element Information should work in 3D window, display the storey where the element is drawn and offer the possibility to switch to the storey and zoom to the object !
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Added to ArchiCAD Wishlist database.
Karl Ottenstein
Millard wrote:
This is a huge wish of mine also. It seems like I'm always tracing down a small portion of wall that didn't properly clip to a roof. Which wall is it. This would make it so much easier.
Ditto. My workaround when things are really hard to figure out has been to assign a goofy ID to the object while in 3D and then use Find & Select in 2D to locate the element(s) via the re-assigned ID. A bit of a problem if the original ID is important.

This wish would make things much easier (and closer to Revit, in fact. 😉)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
Ditto. My workaround when things are really hard to figure out has been to assign a goofy ID to the object while in 3D and then use Find & Select in 2D to locate the element(s) via the re-assigned ID. A bit of a problem if the original ID is important.
You can also pick up the properties in 3D to the Find&Select, go to 2D, select. Or vice versa.

Already posted this one ... hmmm ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!