Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Objects Heights From F.F.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to be at the current time that Windows, Doors,etc. header heights (or other objects relating to a wall) are based on the bottom of the wall instead of the actual finished floor heights found in the Stories settings. It would be nice to have the object heights based on the Story settings instead of the wall bottom. If I put in a window at 7'-0" A.F.F. with a wall bottom at Zero, it works fine, but if I have to lower the wall bottom to 1'-0" below F.F., that same window is now at 6'-0" A.F.F. We have to lower walls for a lot of reasons, and the current method throws everything off.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Andy wrote:
What would be really useful, and hopefully quite simple to implement is..

- that the Info Box showed an element's top and bottom as dimensions relative to the storey well as absolute dimensions
- that it also showed the element's height as a single dimension

I often end up opening up the element's Toolbox to edit heights of walls, slabs and objects, which would be much faster to do with the Info Box.
Hey Andy, this might be somewhat related to what you're saying but you might be interested in my last post on: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=3940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=20

I proposed a new way to relate to dimensions of walls.

I'd be interested to know what you think.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James,

This is pretty much exactly what I'm after, but of course located in the Info Box.

Thanks

The advantage of having all relevant parameters in the info box is that you can do everything on the fly.