Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Offset, copying polygons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ability to copy (pressing CTRL) polygon when choosing the offset command in pet pallette.
Sometimes I want to create an offset to a polygon keeping the original, at the moment I have to copy the original poly then after the offset, paste the original back in.
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
csparchitects wrote:
Ability to copy (pressing CTRL) polygon when choosing the offset command in pet pallette.
Sometimes I want to create an offset to a polygon keeping the original, at the moment I have to copy the original poly then after the offset, paste the original back in.
Why don't you use Offset (Control Box) and MagicWand?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did'nt know that, maybe we should unpack the manuals!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The polyline offset is buggy though.

1) You have to offset with the "filled" magic wand. You must click on a hotspot or corner. You cannot click on the line itself.
2) If you need to select the polyline to offset the offset command doesn't work at all. Of course you don't need to do this because...
3) If the endpoint of your polyline hits the endpoint of another line or polyline the offset only offsets the one polyline or line.

As I have said before, the polyline tool is not fully implemented. I would recommend you refrain from using it until Graphisoft finishes it.