Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Offset / multiple offset buttons for toolbars

Barry Kelly
Would anybody else like to have the offset and multiple offset buttons available so they can be added to a toolbar in version 10?

The only options at the moment are to use a toggle switch (blue triangle in attached image) but then you can't see what mode is active or not, or to leave the control box palette open (which really isn't needed if you have all the other controls elsewher in your tool boxes).

Maybe I just need to turn on the control palette and re-configure all of the toolboxes so that there is no doubling up of tools.

Barry.

offset.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep the control panel open and use "o" to activate and toggle between the two. I know 10 tried to get me to turn off the control and coordinates palette, but its not happening yet
__archiben
Booster
Barry wrote:
Would anybody else like to have the offset and multiple offset buttons available so they can be added to a toolbar in version 10?
yes - this is essential if graphisoft are seriously expecting us to ditch the control box. just as tracker improvements are essential if we are ever to lose the co-ordinates box.

what's more, the toolbar technology has to be improved beyond the boolean toggle (on or off) that it can currently handle at best: the toolbar icons need to display the status of the toggles - i.e. which 'offset' method is currently active; which 'gravity' method is currently active; etc...

in addition to the offset commands are the cursor snap variants, and a better way of adjusting the special snap values out of the toolbar . . .

graphisoft continue to stun me with just how close they get to the '80% complete' new feature target again and again.

~/archiben
toolbarTech.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
matthewjj
Newcomer
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

It's just wierd. GS is soooooo freakin close! I feel like they wanted to get AC 10 out so badly they just said "that's it we're going to start burning the discs", even though the work wasn't done.

I love AC 10 it has taken care of 75% of my major gripes, but there are so many under-cooked awesome ideas, so much POTENTIAL!

I have successfully ditched the control box and coordinates pallete. The Tracker seems pretty good, but there are things I really miss from the control box. I too added a shortcut for the Offset/Multiple Offset, but it behaves strangely (I am never sure how many times I have to type in shift+o in order to get one offset or multiples. Also I miss being able to change the number of segments on the fly with the Special Snaps.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan