Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Offseting Single line

moreha
Booster

If we have a single line not a Polyline or Circle etc, how can we make an offset from that single line using offset tool?

I know that it's possible to draw a new line using offset constraint but would like to know if it's possible to make an offset of a single line through the Offset Tool itself! Because as far as I know, we can make a new offset by dragging polylines, circles, arcs, etc using the pet-pallet or using the offset tool!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If you have snap guides turned on AC will display with a 90 degree symbol if you are moving the new point a perpendicular distance from the original. Hope that helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
DGSketcher
Legend

Simply move or drag a copy. You don't need an offset tool for a single line. The point of offset tools is best demonstrated with the poly line tool where the offset will change the vertex points to suit the new geometry. The relation of the vertex points of a displaced line remain constant to each other.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you for reply, but when the single line has an oblique angle not orthogonal constraint, the offset distance perpendicular to the original line would be important in most cases.

Best wishes! 

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If you have snap guides turned on AC will display with a 90 degree symbol if you are moving the new point a perpendicular distance from the original. Hope that helps.

snow
Mentor

Hi,

You've got the SSA?

...if, you can use this addon:

snow_0-1660300995557.png

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

I do not have this additional tool set! 

@snow wrote:

You've got the SSA?

...if, you can use this addon:

That is a country-specific add-on limited to your market.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
snow
Mentor

Sorry, I didn't know that.

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

DavidShorter_0-1660563486556.png

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

You are welcome and thanks again for your kind attention