Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Offseting Single line

moreha
Booster

If we have a single line not a Polyline or Circle etc, how can we make an offset from that single line using offset tool?

I know that it's possible to draw a new line using offset constraint but would like to know if it's possible to make an offset of a single line through the Offset Tool itself! Because as far as I know, we can make a new offset by dragging polylines, circles, arcs, etc using the pet-pallet or using the offset tool!

18 REPLIES 18

Dear David Shorter,

First of all thank you for your kind reply, but I meant offsetting a single line not Polylines!

Same thing, the illustration was not a polyline

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David O
Booster

Hi you can do that using the standard Archicad offset tool 

1 select the line

2 select the offset tool icon on the edit elements tool bar, I have offset setup as a keyboard short cut the letter o.

3 Space bar click the line and drag in the required direction then type the distance.

See the attached screen grab to see the icon I mean

Offset tool.jpg
Eduardo Rolon

Wrong 1st step:

1. Select Line Tool
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you! 

Thanks!

Not really as one would imagine that if you were working with lines you be in the line tool already or maybe that is just me?

@David O wrote:

Not really as one would imagine that if you were working with lines you be in the line tool already or maybe that is just me?

That depends if the last thing you drew was a line.

Then fine, if the line tool is still active, you will get an offset line.

But if the last thing you did was add text, or you have the selection arrow active, you will have to select the line tool first.

If you want to offset a wall, choose the wall tool.

If you want to offset a beam, choose the beam tool.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

If I want to work with a particular tool I always select it before I start working it makes total sense I don't even need to think about it it's just what I do