BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Only add/ subtract from selection

Mike96
Advocate
My idea for an improvement would be introducing a rectangle/polygon selection that will only add and one that will only subtract elements from current selection.
Currently, we select many elements by using rectangle/polygon select and holding down SHIFT key. This way we can both add and subtract elements from current selection.
The problem is that, in fact, holding down SHIFT only reverses current selection, so anything selected gets deselected and anything unselected gets selected. This doesn't give us full control and possibility to quickly add or remove many elements from the selection set. Sometimes it gets really annoying when we want to expand our selection but accidentally mark some already-selected elements, and they get deselected.
Many other CAD programs solve this by adding items to selection by holding down SHIFT and subtracting from selection by holding down CTRL (or opposite, or CTRL+SHIFT). I would gladly see a similar behaviour implemented in ArchiCAD.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru
Duplicate wish

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=72425&p=323868#p323868

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!