BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Open Project with Active/Selected Libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see a button in the "Open file" dialog box to 'Select Libraries', which would bring up the Library Manager and use the settings from that.

Currently the only way opening a file with the current libraries rather than the libraries saved with the file is to use cache libraries, whereby the Library Manager comes up each time you open the file, and you can select the 'Use Active Libraries' button
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andy;

Not sure what your condition is - for existing project files or new project files?

a) if it is an existing project file then such a button would probably be 'dangerous' to have around? The file should have been saved with the correct libraries referenced.

b) for new project files we have a 'no libaries' template which we use. Saves a bunch of time. Also we have a 'standard libraries' template... (etc)

I haven't voted yet, as I'm not sure I understand your 'issue' properly.

- Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart,

We run projects with network libraries, often using the cache library function. Although the ideal is that there is one single model file for a project, this is often not the case. Therefore there are occasions where you have several files for a project, and the potential is there to have different libraries as the project develops.

The frustration comes when you are switching between files and open up an old project file, that does not have all the currently used libraries loaded, and ArchiCAD automatically dumps the loaded libraries and reloads the libraries as previously used.

You then have to manually add the libraries in the Library Manager, and wait for them to be reloaded, when all you want to do is open up the file while keeping the currently loaded libraries.

I guess what I am after is the possibility of opening the Library Manager and having access to its functions before loading a model file.

May be its not an issue that you have come across, but it can be very annoying if you are working in a single session in ArchiCAD.
__archiben
Booster
the solution is to keep the access controls restricted on that 'oldLibraries-DONOTUSE' folder and don't let T and B revive the old PLN files! have you still not sorted out the office template?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!