Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Option to NOT move elements when adjusting Story elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently, when adjusting the elevation of a Story Level, say, in Edit Story Levels, once you click OK, all elements that belong to that story move with their changed story level.

I'd like a tickbox option on the Story Editing Mode palette that gives me the option "Don't shift the elevation of a story's elements", so after clicking [OK] the elements don't move.

As an example of when I'd like this to happen....

I've cut/pasted out a secondary building from a combined file, and want to make it a separate project. All the story levels inherit the story levels from the combined project. These would need adjusting if they were originally set to be story levels of the "main" building in the original combined project. The elevations and heights of storys would all be different. Easiest thing would be to just drag the Story Levels in Edit Story Levels, but not have to re-adjust the elevations of all the elements of the project manually once you'd done that.

***EDIT: I've since illustrated this scenario in later posts within this thead, with uploaded images. Scroll down...
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Final result:
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW, after doing the above storey level adjustments - in AC12 at least - I had to close the project and open it back up again, before I could get the plan views to display correctly with the new (but seemingly not updated) cut plane elevations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely Essential !! When working with extremely big projects is essential to have this sort of option. I can't comprehend why Archicad hasn't added this into the tool components. I hope that this can be resolved in the next version (24). Please make my life easy!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely essential!
Sample: Ventilation routing needs more space above, for suspension. Ventilation ducts shall not move, but is anchored at the same floor.
Barry Kelly
Ma_Scht wrote:
Sample: Ventilation routing needs more space above, for suspension. Ventilation ducts shall not move, but is anchored at the same floor.

I would create a new storey for the ventilation ducts (or ceiling) and ensure they are all anchored to that storey.
Now I should be able to adjust the floor storeys independently to the ventilation storey.

You can do the same for mezzanine floors.
Remember walls and windows can span multiple storeys and you don't need a plan view of every storey you have, although this can be useful.
It may not be a perfect solution, but stories are not limited to floors.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11