BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Option to control the elevations color-shading in drawg attr

Anonymous
Not applicable
There should be an option to control the elevations color or shading in the drawings attributes. This way, when you organize your different types of drawings (ie. presentation or approval) you can have different appearances to suite the output type.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense to me and would be more efficient than creating 2 separate elevations for this purpose.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You don't have to create 2 different elevations, just 2 different VIEWS..

Set up your elevations to show COLORS FROM MATERIALS.

In your Design VIEW, show COVER FILLS = "As in Settings"

In your Document View, show COVER FILLS = "Outlines Only"

I just had cause to do this last week....

Vector Hatching may need to be re thought!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see your point and you're right the shadows would have to be toggled in the section/elevation settings dialog every time your updated a CD view to a presentation view and vice-versa. I believe the Master Template uses the strategy of creating 2 separate elevations for the creation of either CD views or presentation view for this reason.

I think this wish would still add functionality and simplify the documenting process by relocating some of the section view options to the model view level so that the settings can be saved for individual views rather than to that particular section.
Thomas Holm
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
Beg to differ... Since these settings are VIEWPOINT settings, and not VIEW settings, you will have to create different viewpoints, that is in this case extra, different elevations if you want views with different looks from the same place, and for these settings to stick, especially if you have say vectorial hatches on one view and color fills with shadows on the other.
This is, as Jeff and Dom points out, not consistent and it's on the wishlist for GS to change it. When? No idea
Until then, you can hide the extra elevation marker by placing it on a hidden layer.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I've had problems with Section Windows that have a number of Views allocated to them. Every now and then most of the content added by the user to the Section window would change it's layer settings and put them all on the ArchiCAD layer.

Very frustrating as it would involve quite a bit of work to rectify only to have it happen again at a later date. I never sussed what would cause this behaviour So sadly using a unique Section window for each View was the only safe way to go much that it aggrieved me to fill a Project up with duplicate Sections thereby increasing the Project file size.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
vfrontiers wrote:
Beg to differ... Since these settings are VIEWPOINT settings, and not VIEW settings, you will have to create different viewpoints, that is in this case extra, different elevations if you want views with different looks from the same place, and for these settings to stick, especially if you have say vectorial hatches on one view and color fills with shadows on the other.
This is, as Jeff and Dom points out, not consistent and it's on the wishlist for GS to change it. When? No idea
Until then, you can hide the extra elevation marker by placing it on a hidden layer.
This seems not an altogether bad situation since preliminary/schematic, design development, and construction drawings are often quite different in number, extents and annotations. While it may ultimately be the desirable approach, it seems quite a complex problem of how much of this to move from the viewpoint into the views that derive from it.

For now it just means using layers to manage the multiple viewpoints, rather than using them to manage the different annotations that will apply to different views.
Learn and get certified!