Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Option to create new empty transmittal sets

scottjm
Expert

This has been a frustration of our office ever since the revision tool was introduced.

Every single time I make a new transmittal set I delete all the layouts that are automatically added by default as it adds a whole bunch of layouts I do not want to issue.

I wish there was a workspace or project option to be able to set all new Transmittal sets to start with no layouts.

I appreciate that if you are very strategic in the way you work with changes the default added layouts should theoretically only be the sheets you want to to issue.  However if you have created any new layouts for that aren't part of your main documentation set (for some rough working print out for example) these will also get added to the new transmittal set by default, which is just an nuisance.

Also, while we're at it, an option to change the default revision number for layouts. 

We always use P1 for the first issue of a drawing.

Thanks!

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

@scottjm wrote:

Every single time I make a new transmittal set I delete all the layouts that are automatically added by default as it adds a whole bunch of layouts I do not want to issue.

I wish there was a workspace or project option to be able to set all new Transmittal sets to start with no layouts.

I agree with you. The option I want is to keep the current set of layouts in the new transmittal set (rather than deleting all the layouts then adding the previous set back in), as I am issuing revisions to the same set as the project progresses. I think these options should be part of the New Transmittal Set dialog box.

David

New Transmittal Set db.png

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
DGSketcher
Legend

+1

I have suggested previously that there should also be an additional colour coding for changed drawings that aren't included in the current or open transmittal set.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
stoneunturned
Booster

+1 

I'd like to see the ability to pickup all the layouts of any previous transmittal (similar to David M) and be able to 'paste' them into a new empty (as the OP mentioned) transmittal and do away with the arduous task of having to build another 200page transmittal list which is 95% similar to one already created. Unless im missing something?

(example below isnt a 200 sheet project, though it would still be a great feature for smaller projects. building the list is never fun)

eg in a right click context menu:

1. Copy layout list

stoneunturned_2-1690936741608.png

2. Create new transmittal without non-issued drawings (setting in work environment?)

stoneunturned_1-1690936643361.png

3. Paste layout list

stoneunturned_3-1690937448511.png

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard