Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Options for Marquee all storey tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
The marquee all storey tool should have an option for selecting multiple storeys (not all storeys) for editing purposes
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Victor wrote:
The marquee all storey tool should have an option for selecting multiple storeys (not all storeys) for editing purposes
Hi Victor,

Is the "Filter Elements in 3D" option what you're looking for? (View > Elements in 3D View > Filter Elements in 3D)

Adrian Tudoreanu
filter 3D.jpg
alemanda
Advocate
I complete the wish hoping that GS adds the chance to edit the marquee tool by editing the levels of bottom and top (not the floors) .. I know this chance already exist but should be strongly improved ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like the ability to adjust the marquee like a slab with the same pet palette tools.

Other than that what is there to improve? You can limit the stories as mentioned or you can define the height in 3D by setting the origin and then stretching up or down to the desired height (and snap to points).
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I understood this request to mean that when using the heavy Marquee in the 2D Window, you could control which stories are effected by the heavy Marquee. The Filter Elements in 3D does not effect this function, all stories are altered by the heavy Marquee in the 2D Window whether they are visible in the 3D Window or not.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's right. And I'd like that to apply when we hit ctrl+A to select all. It would be nice to have the option to select on all the chosen stories.

It's really about time the Marquee got it's own settings dialog like all the other tools, where some of these things can be set.

Pet palette editing and a keyboard shortcut to switch between single story and all story mode are longstanding wishes!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am expecting more flexibility..
ArchiCAD & Graphisoft helped me a lot in my inflatable marquee project.
My only limitation...When I go for selecting multiple storeys...it selects all..
Needs editing freedom per storey..But I am hopeful this issue will be addressed in the next update..
Now my eyes are on next update now. If there is one do bring that into my knowledge please.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David. You hit the hail right on the head. I also like the suggestion for the marquee tool to have its own settings dialogue where one can manipulate options. A pet palette box is also welcome. Did GS listen and grant our wishes in AC15?
Rick Thompson
Expert
I think I had a wish for this about 20 years ago, I can't tell you how many time I have had to repeat the process on several stories just to not mess with the roof. I like to treat the roof separate (as it does it's own thing), but stretch everything else the same.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for information.. Done! I do hope that Marquee got it's own settings dialog