Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Orientation change of walls and beams relative to guidelines should be more streamlined.

Ro-Ra
Booster

Just an ease-of-use suggestion. If the user changes the guide line location within a beam, the beam doesn't move (good!). On the other hand, the user cannot change the location of the guide line location within a wall without moving the wall.

It would be nice to be able to do both for both types of objects:

- Flip orientation (guideline location stays the same, object is moved)

- Change guideline orientation (doesn't affect position of object, guideline location stays the same)

It might be worth considering implementing this ease-of-use feature for slabs, stairs, roofs, and other objects which use guide lines/planes.

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

@Ro-Ra wrote:

Just an ease-of-use suggestion. If the user changes the guide line location within a beam, the beam doesn't move (good!).

Are you sure?

Reference line stays put and the beam moves left/right/up/down when you change the anchor point.

Beam moves left/right if you adjust the reference offset value.

The same with walls when you flip walls on the reference line - the wall moves and the reference line stays put.

What version of Archicad are you using?

I think there was a time when the beam didn't move, but now beams, columns and walls all move around the reference line (which stays in the same spot) for consistency.

There is a command to modify wall reference line while keeping the wall in place.

BarryKelly_0-1646649478564.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11