BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Palete extent

Anonymous
Not applicable
When clicking to extend to max (green button on MAC) why they go under the palettes. Cold they be made to stop in the palettes.
10 REPLIES 10
__archiben
Booster
probably something to do with the palettes 'floating' rather than being dockable windows (ala adobe/macromedia). for all intents and purposes the systems ignores them in windows operations within the application.

there has been a wish . . .
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=577

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Adalbert wrote:
When clicking to extend to max (green button on MAC) why they go under the palettes. Cold they be made to stop in the palettes.
The palettes float, that is why.

I personally never maximize the windows in ArchiCAD. I make a layout, pretty much stanard. I found out that maximizing and switching between windows hampers tha work more than in helps.

If you do maximize, remember the keyboard shortcut for switching between the windows!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
or, if you are using mac OSX, right-clicking archiCAD's icon in the dock will give you a drop-down menu of all of archiCAD's open windows. it's then a matter of selecting the one you want from that.

(of course the navigator's always there, right? )

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was not clear. The problem I have is that I work on a large Cimema dispaly and then home on a PB.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
If you do maximize, remember the keyboard shortcut for switching between the windows!
Where did it go, Djordje?!? It was cmd+` in AC8 on the Mac, but that doesn't work in 8.1!
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
VectorWorks proves this is possible even with floating palettes. They have a preference named Palette Margins with choices Left, Right or Both. Once selected, maximizing the drawing window fits it snugly between the palettes.

They have also figured out how to window shade OS X palettes and roll-up Windows palettes.

Add to this the ability to perform math operations in data fields and savable, movable worspaces and I'd say some reverse engineering or head hunting on the part of GS is in order.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Dwight
Newcomer
And Vectorworks is not revolutionary to have these things, either - since most modern interfaces have built-in calculations, palette position gravity and context window sizing.

Get with it, Graphisoft!!
Dwight Atkinson
Aussie John
Newcomer
~/archiben wrote:
or, if you are using mac OSX, right-clicking archiCAD's icon in the dock will give you a drop-down menu of all of archiCAD's open windows. it's then a matter of selecting the one you want from that.

(of course the navigator's always there, right? )

~/archiben
or select Exposé
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
or select exposé . . .

yeah. it's fantastic isn't it? i'm getting used to it pretty quickly too. i keep trying to use it on 10.2 machines and being disappointed!

i would probably still right click the dock icon if i had a lot of archiCAD windows open, it would be easier to select a section, for example, by reference name in this case . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!