Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Paper Size as Autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
Small sweet wish:
I wish to have an Autotext showing the print size of the Master Layout its placed on.

When there are 3 Master Layout its not a big deal to write the paper size by hand, but when it comes to 25 different paper sizes it becomes an issue.

Its propably very simple to code.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It´s here!

https://youtu.be/1Atigka6-wc?t=180

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

Mac Studio (2022) - Apple M1 Ultra
macOS Monterey 12.4

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where exactly do you want to see the paper size?
Can you explain a little more, I don't understand.
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
philips wrote:
Small sweet wish:
When there are 3 Master Layout its not a big deal to write the paper size by hand, but when it comes to 25 different paper sizes it becomes an issue.
You only have to do it once in your template.
DGSketcher
Legend
I would find it handy in Publisher PDF file names when sorting for hardcopy to ensure I don't send mis-named A1 prints to the A2 printer.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s a very good wish. Mostly (at least in Germany) the paper size has to be shown in drawing head for accounting copy costs, scaling, etc.
So an AutoText would be the best way to avoid change-mistakes by using a client predefined template. Mostly clients send only one paper size. The others will be made similar by engineering office. One template, one AutoText – job done.
best regards
Mario
furtonb
Advisor
Bumping this thread - is there a reasonable workaround for this problem? I need to show the layout size for each layout, and I can only schedule them (AC24). I cannot seem to access the master layout name either. Putting these values into a custom layout book field seems tedious and are easily mistaken, especially with more complex hotlinked projects among multiple firms.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

I wrote about the same problem in a different section of this forum: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/How-to-get-Master-Layout-name-as-autotext/m-p/...

Nice to see more people having the same issues, maybe the developers would recognize this as a nice thing to add...

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

macOS Monterey 12.4
Solution

It´s here!

https://youtu.be/1Atigka6-wc?t=180

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

macOS Monterey 12.4
DGSketcher
Legend

Close. Unfortunately they gave us height & width but didn't think to consider that most practices work with predefined paper sizes e.g. A3, A2 and generally pick their paper size from the list in Master Layout Setting. So, why didn't they give us those sizes in compact form as an option in Autotext? At present I have multiple A3 configurations, so in my drawing list I end up with A3-XX, A3-YY etc 🙄

It was mentioned at Beta but is now on "Backlog".

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I´m just happy they finally got the master layout names. We only use a few configurations of each predefined paper size, so I´m not too worried. We also made our titleblocks as GDL-objects (we use two different ones), so it is easy to use (e.g) a blank A3 master layout and put the title block on the actual layout. I think at least this gives an opportunity to find some workarounds..

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

macOS Monterey 12.4