Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Param-O Object Tool and Editor

gdford
Advisor
After spending all day messing with the new ParamO object tool I have a few wishes....
I know this tool is under development..... I am not complaining. I see major value for this tool... hopefully building tables and chairs with the ParamO object tool will be the low hanging fruit... The potential could be amazing.
○ Param-O Objects Info Box should have the Custom Settings Parameters available in the info box
○ Right clicking on a Param-O Object should offer to edit the Param-O object in the selections
○ In the Param-O Object editor the nodes at the ends of connection should tell me where the connection is coming from. I should be able to see the sending Parameter Name and the Variable Name
○ It would be helpful to be able to assign line color and types to the Param-O node connection lines
○ In Object Selection Settings the Custom Settings should have ability to show the parameter name as well as the variable name.
○ It would be nice to be able to view all of the Parameters of the construction in a schedule type list where the Parameter Names, Variable Names, Expressions, and Values could be viewed and hopefully edited.
○ The Parameter for GDL Objects should have the ability to have access to all of the GDL object's parameters at the same time, not just be limited to a few.
○ In the Param-O Object editor when dragging a connection the editing window should scroll when you drag a connection to the edge of the window…. This is really needed!!
○ It would be very nice to be able to have Beam and Column objects available as Parameter Objects and be able to assign complex profiles as parameter options
○ Really Need to be able to access Param-O Objects parameters from schedules and autotext - this is important!!
○ Really need to be able to access an objects Property Numaric Values in the Param-O Object parameter expressions.
It would be good to be able to associate Param-O objects with other objects and then have access to the associated objects parameters…. For example build a Param-O object to build tile on the inside face of a wall from wall inside corner to wall inside corner….. Or build a Param-O object to associate with a Zone and automatically layout out all of the restroom fixtures based on a popup window for user selected/entered choices.
Good job!!!
Please keep making steady improvements.
This tool could be very impressive.
Smart Objects for Automation!!!!!
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
15 REPLIES 15
hi,
nested object would be extremly useful for a lot of design tasks, but I can imagine that the development would take a lot of resources as LaszloNagy mentioned

I wonder if it would be possible to enhance the "grouping" feature in that direction with much less effort. Giving a group a name/ ID (and an insert point) so it can be scheduled with its parts, would do a lot what "nested objects" would be used for (at least in our context). When you can save them also as favorite we would be already more then happy.

Is that approach too far fetched?

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

Thank you for the enthusiasm with PARAM-O!

This is a big list of of wishes! The wishes regarding UI/UX suggestions were entered as entry #12824 in our Wish List Database. The rest was registered separately as #12881, #12882, #12883, #12884 and #12885. Hopefully, we will be able to implement them in the near future!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

gdford
Advisor
As ventello said - current part assemblies like the Toilet ADA 23 are great for fast modeling, but then they are worthless for scheduling and associative labeling which is actually the point of BIM. For me parts like ADA 23 are nothing but a sales pitch.... but not particularly useful except for space planning purposes which never end up as construction docs.
So .... what we are talking about here is that it would be really nice is part of the direction for the Param-O tool would be to allow it to group existing parts together, but when published as a new part the subparts still have the ability to behave in schedules and associative labeling as if they were individual parts in the model .... and it would be nice if they could also schedule as sub-assemblies parts.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
GOBA
Booster
Two very simple wishes, regarding PARAM-O:
- To be able to maximise the PARAM-O window.
- Learning videos, made in Graphisoft.
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
GOBA
Booster
I would also like to see the XYZ axes in the editor (in the 3D), and also, I would like to highlight the elements: if I select a box of a shape, to highlight the element in the 3D, and vice versa.

I don’t know If this is already possible.
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
Marc H
Advisor

Just starting out with PARAMO.  Great tool. Below are a few additional ‘wishes’:

> Imperial units option in WE (or a setting or function within the editor).

> Greater decimal places to the right in values and steps.  Small objects are showing a lot of “0.0” values in editor mode.

> More object view rotation capability in the preview pane.  I am finding it hard to see small shapes under a larger shape when the larger shape is close to ‘ground’.  (Setting surfaces in ‘glass’ helps, but I need to see my shapes are meeting together correctly underneath.)

> Zoom value box for node editor window.  

>  Hotspot tool within the editor (if not already provided somewhere in the editor).

> Greater Help documentation; maybe with examples of application for the non-intuitive nodes.

Also, if a goal is to be able to create object arrays (as shown in one of the GS videos), it would great to be able to choose varying layer values for the associated/referenced objects. 

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors