Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Parameters in Info-palette - Exra User Interface Script

Frank Beister
Advisor
This is more a GDL-, but in the intention also a user-interface wish, so I post it in this list.

I have often to place objects (windows, doors, labels) with just one or two different parameters of their custom parameters list. It would be very useful, if this objects would have a small section in the information pallette, in which I could control this parameters. As width and height of the objects.

It could be solved by a certain e.g. 60 pixel high info-user-interface-script of the gdl-objects. So each developer of objects could decide which parameters are available there. Ore could post status informations about the object.

It would be downward compatible. If there's no script, there's no info-section.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
Absolutely. Not only would it be quicker but it highlights the important parameters for a new user of a particular object.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
excellent! i've often wondered how this could work. i was always stumped when it came to figuring out how to distinguish between the wanted from the unwanted parameters for the info box.

an essential addition!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
100% ...

While we're on the subject of user interface scripts ... I was also thinking about something similar earlier this week ... it would be useful to have some kind of right-click USER INTERFACE pet pallete...

For instance with 3d stretchy hotspots you could right-click and then select whether to move in the x-y or z planes.

And more ...

Could we have normal button toggles. Option groups. Slider controls ... (these would be easy!)

- Stuart
Learn and get certified!