BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pause "Auto Update" globally

joimagg
Contributor
Hey Archicad, there are a few posts here about time drainage due to "Auto Update" drawing in layout. The manual update is a nice option but often one forgets to put it back to auto update.

Could the simple solution be a button to "Pause all auto updates" as a global override. This would make it possible to go into a kind of "layout mode" when you are just moving things around and don't need all the drawings updating constantly. This should of course not affect the updating of the drawings when publishing but only the preview in the layout - just like manual update works.

This would save precious minutes when working on big files.
11 REPLIES 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Is there not a warning when you publish if the layout contains views that are not up to date followed by an option to update all views?

Have not tested this, but might the new clipped view function in AC23 prevent updating when the modification occurs outside the boundary?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Eduardo Rolon
There is a warning and in 23 it will constantly warn you about outdated drawings even if the last operation you did was updating the Layouts. Anyway I kind of like this idea of a global "don't bug me, I am doing layout stuff for the next x amount of time".
Please vote on your wishes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

joimagg
Contributor
@Lingwisyer, "manual update" views always update when I publish, so no fundamental problem there.

My request has more to do with time spent waiting for views to update constantly when in "layout mode".

Indesign has this feature as a global override (as well as object based) and it's quite useful. In Archicad this would not not just be useful, but essential as our drawings are getting quite heavy especially with visible hotlinked IFC's from other disciplines - which is so nice to have when visualizing interior schemes.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I hope you are doing well in these trying times!

Thank you very much for sharing your wish, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12716). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

joimagg
Contributor
Thank you very much! Is there a way to track Wish #12716, a webpage or something?

Kind Regards
joimagg
Contributor
@mnguyen

Is it possible to track the progress of this wish somewhere?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Sorry for the late response! I did not receive any notification from the forum.

Anyhow, the Wish List is currently an internal list. But I hope that we will be able to open it for public soon!

Thank you for your understanding! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

joimagg
Contributor
Ok thank you.

I do not receive any notifications from the forum either, even though I have all notifications ON.

Hei, any update on this request?

Kind Regards

Johann

Learn and get certified!