BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pen styles in Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I could save the pen table (with color and pen size) as a combination and apply this combination to any placed drawing.

This way updating the pen combination would update all the placed drawing instead of having to alt-click one drawing and ctrl-alt-click the one to update...

Or is there already a better way to achieve this ?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Me too.

(No there is not another way to do this now.)
I would go some further...
It would be nice to have such feature inside AC too...
A kind of selectable pens' palette - maybe like lines "True weight" switch - just to be able to do a quick print from inside AC and not to swtich to plotmaker... I know there is "Atribute manager" that can do such thing - but I need something "quicker".

Regards,

Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
I would go some further...
It would be nice to have such feature inside AC too...
A kind of selectable pens' palette - maybe like lines "True weight" switch - just to be able to do a quick print from inside AC and not to swtich to plotmaker... I know there is "Atribute manager" that can do such thing - but I need something "quicker".
Me too . . . again.

I have thought of using attribute manager for this also but am reluctant to set it up as a standard practice. (I'm still teaching people about reassigning pens in PlotMaker.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I am missing something but you can do this with a very, very simple workaround.

For my drawings, I create PMK files with the color/pen weight combination that I prefer for each page in my plotmaker book. For example, I create an electrical pen pmk file with the pen and colors for my electrical drawing.

In plotmaker, I import the electrical pen pmk and place it off to one side so it will not be printed. After importing the electrical plan(.pln) drawing, I simply dropper/syringe the settings from the electrical pen pmk into the electrical drawing in plotmaker.

I create separate pen pmk files for each page of my drawings, such as foundation, floor, refl ceiling, etc. Once the individual pen pmk files are created, it takes about a second to dropper/syringe and I get the customized look I want.

Grant
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOELDESIGNS wrote:
In plotmaker, I import the electrical pen pmk and place it off to one side so it will not be printed. After importing the electrical plan(.pln) drawing, I simply dropper/syringe the settings from the electrical pen pmk into the electrical drawing in plotmaker.
Of course, this is the way to do it at the present time, but let's say you have 5 electrical plan on seperated A0 sheets, you'lll have to switch from page to page and IF you change the pen settings for the electrical plan, you'll have to do it for every sheet... a live update should be available !
__archiben
Booster
Piotr wrote:
A kind of selectable pens' palette - maybe like lines "True weight" switch - just to be able to do a quick print from inside AC and not to swtich to plotmaker
whilst i am a "ME TO" on the savable pen-table and the possibilities that this brings, piotr - you can do a quick switch to true-weight pens now by using the display option combinations in archiCAD 8.1.

simply set up a new display option combination using your standard drafting options but with the pen weights set to 'true'. changing this in the navigator drop-down menu allows you to print quickly and then change back again. see attached.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
~/archiben wrote:
Piotr wrote:
whilst i am a "ME TO" on the savable pen-table and the possibilities that this brings, piotr - you can do a quick switch to true-weight pens now by using the display option combinations in archiCAD 8.1.
~/archiben
Yes I know that - and that's why I proposed a switchable pen palette that would work like the true weight )

Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!