Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pet Palette again

Anonymous
Not applicable
My dearest long standing wish is that 'drag' be removed from the pet palette.

I've lost count of the number of times that I drag by accident.

I'm curious: does anyone ever use the pet palette to drag an element?
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sometimes when modifying things in 3d window.

For 2d windows my keybinds are pretty much muscle memory.

In 3d I sometimes do an odd combination of modifications and end up using it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
sorry same reply ended up here twice
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think many users drag this way, but may not realize it because it is so quick. I actually like just being able to click on something and drag it away.

What would you rather the pet palette default to, if not drag?:?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a good question, because I suppose 'drag' at least has the virtue of always being applicable.

However, I'd be happy (ecstatic, even!) if it would default to the last function used and stay there, and not revert to drag just because I happened to move something in between two stretch operations!
alemanda
Advocate
I'd like a faster way (without clicking on the tools of the pet palette) to select the option from the pet palette ... I always thought a way ... probably the scroll wheel would be the best and fastest way. Once the pet palette appears the scroll wheel is enabled to select the tool of the pet palette ... It's just an idea
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
alemanda:

Not exactly what you desire, but there are 2 keyboard shortcuts available: Switch to the Next Pet Palette Item and Switch to the Previous Pet Palette Item for moving along the Pet Palette. I think keyboard shortcuts for each item in the palette would be the quickest.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
I'd like a faster way (without clicking on the tools of the pet palette) to select the option from the pet palette ... I always thought a way ... probably the scroll wheel would be the best and fastest way. Once the pet palette appears the scroll wheel is enabled to select the tool of the pet palette ... It's just an idea
No good if you want to use your scroll wheel to zoom or pan while in a command