Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pet Pallet Movement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we have a third option in the pet pallet movement, one were the pet pallet appears in the preferred location?

Jumping from next to my cursor to the preferred location is very annoying and frustrating, but less so than pallet following my cursor around. It would be much better if the pallet just appeared where it was suppose to in the first place.

I'm going to vote essential, but really my vote is more like a 10 level vote instead of 5(essential) level.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I absolutely agree, essential.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is your preferred location?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer my pet pallet to appear center main screen just under the tool bar.

The file attachment limitations on this forum made it too difficult to provide a screen shot unfortunately.
Barry Kelly
mbeam,
Just click your element and then click again for the pet palette to jump to your preferred location (assuming you have that option set in the Work Environment).

Don't click to select the object and then click and drag as the palette will follow you until you let go of the mouse.
Basically just double click.

As for attaching images I find any screen capture software works fine.
Save image as a JPG and then attach to the post.
I have never had any issues no matter what size image I am capturing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks Barry, Always learning something about AC on this great forum.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
mbeam,
Just click your element and then click again for the pet palette to jump to your preferred location (assuming you have that option set in the Work Environment).

Don't click to select the object and then click and drag as the palette will follow you until you let go of the mouse.
Basically just double click.
Barry.

Thanks for the advice. Thought I would elaborate so the devs know what where the problem is.

For me, it's three things. First, it slows me down as I have to wait for what I eventually want instead of it just happening the way I want it. Either option does this.

The second thing is I don't want to think about the pallet. When it appears next to my cursor or has to jump to position, my brain has to think about the pallet and that adds to fatigue. Either option does this.

And third, it sometimes trips me up and I think the pallet is going to stay where it appears and I go to click a button and it moves right as I'm clicking the button so I miss click and often have undo damage. Either option does this.

Actually thinking about it, I would actually prefer something else for an option. I wish I could create a pallet that had all the pet pallet options on it showing all the time and grey out or are active when appropriate, and is dockable and always visible and saves with the WE profiles and just be done with the "dynamic pet pallet appearing when it's needed" paradigm completely. That would be gold. But for now I would really prefer the pallet appearing where I want it instead of dancing around before it eventually gets there.