BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pet Pallet: follow or "stay!" option button on the pet pallet

4hotshoes
Advisor

I know that the controls for the pet-pallets is in the work environment settings. But it would be nice if each pet pallet had a toggle button to allow it to follow the cursor (roam free on a leash) or pressed to "sit and stay". At times, depending on what I am editing, I want the option to change the current setting but I don't want to take the time to dig into the WE settings for a simple and quick edit.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4

That thing has an unbelievable knack of ALWAYS obscuring what you need to see.

What we need is an option to have it pop up in a pre-specified, static place "every time" and then have the saved in the work environment.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Lingwisyer
Guru

Isn't there a wish somewhere around here for the ability to make it static / dock it from several years ago? I would settle for that... lets not set the bar too high...

Wish: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Pet-Pallet-Movement/td-p/248761?f=24&hilit=pet%20pa...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
4hotshoes
Advisor

Ok. This is an updated wish. I wish that the pet pallets could be docked. It would be one context sensitive toolbox / pallet that would change with the tool that is active, with out moving around on the screen, like the info box for tools. If no editing is active, then it would be blank. Why in the world do we have a toolbox following our cursor around? It is either in the way or I can’t find it. It was probably a cool idea decades ago, but could we have the option to dock a dynamic pallet?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

feeling 5 of 10 times, it appears direct over the point i want to edit and i have to draw it away first... I normally let it appear on the same spot of the display, so i can handle it.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!