BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Place Detail Marker in Detail Window

It is not possible to place a detail marker in a detail window. This is an unfortunate limit to the power of the tool.

If I use a detail window for a wall section, I can't place markers for other, larger scale details. If I use a section window, I can't place a detail-style key within a building section and have it number itself.

The workaround would be: Develop the wall section in a section window, including markers for other details. Draw an enormous detail marker around the whole thing. Use the resulting detail window for the documents, rebuilding from the source (section) window as necessary. (Hey, I said it was a workaround.) Currently this doesn't work, since the detail markers vanish from the new detail window.

This workaround could be avoided if detail markers could reference section windows. That sounds a bit exotic. And I wouldn't want sections to require unique IDs!
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES! I completely agree. The development team that brought the new detail tool to AC 8 did not think about how architectural drawings are made at all. Forcing us to have detail ids that are unique and denying us the ability to create details within details are my biggest complaints about AC 8-8.1. It is unacceptable and had better be fixed in 9.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cast me as a vote for ESSENTIAL!

For some reason, I'm not being given the option to vote... but that's a question for a different thread.

wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
let me add something to this wish: like stairs as we change the scale AC automatically shows more details if we mark the items . so it would be better for other objects to be shown with more details in detail window too by simply changing the scale.
Djordje
Ace
farzinassadi wrote:
let me add something to this wish: like stairs as we change the scale AC automatically shows more details if we mark the items . so it would be better for other objects to be shown with more details in detail window too by simply changing the scale.
They do, if their 2D script contains the fragments for larger scales, and the IF ... THEN loops are in place.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!