Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Please Fix Bugs/Glitches

4dProof
Advisor

Not sure if this is a "wishlist" item or not... but Archicad bugs have been compounding for a few versions now. I have not had a single file since AC22 or 23 that DIDN'T have model view options go missing in the view map. This is not related to any changes to the MVO, or any other trigger I can pinpoint. I just know, at least 3-5x on every project, I will have to reissue because my floor plan showed up with "simplified windows" or "door/window markers off" all related to MVO going missing.

I have honestly lost all confidence in Archicad as a tool for design and documentation. Very basic things like dimensions going missing or showing incorrectly (yes, even in AC25), view settings randomly falling apart/disappearing, zones not showing up in the door/window schedules for no apparent reason.

This is not to mention the countless crashes that I have to deal with every day, if not every hour.

A big part of what I do for a living is trouble shoot these problems for architects; and I feel like a real **beep** when all I can tell my clients "sorry, the software kind of sucks some times". Many times, it does turn out that assumed bugs are due to user error; but I have personally witnessed the missing MVO and missing/incorrect dimension bugs with no obvious user caused trigger.

At the very least, we need to know that dimensions will not disappear and view settings are going to remain stable and not show "missing". If an architect has to review and redline every drawing for both drawing issues AND software issues, you have to ask, 'why are we even bothering with this tool?' Archicad used to be the most flexible, versatile, and reliable design and documentation tool on the market, but faith is dwindling in the product, if not completely lost on my end.

MVO Missing.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
66 REPLIES 66

I use GDL script if you are going to count that... and rather than get sideways at people experiencing bugs because you don't personally experience these bugs on your end, maybe YOU can take a seat and let us sort this out... plenty of other people on here have been commenting that they have seen the same/similar issues. I'm sorry if my complaining is irksome to you, but Archicad is vital to my workflow. Dimensions and door markers are vital to architectural documentation. They are flawed on at least some users ends. If the conversation is irritating you, jump to a different thread. and as for the "follow through"... I DONT WORK FOR GRAPHISOFT; I can't fix the tool from my end, just point out that it's broken. SMH

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

I just took a survey of the offices I consult for. Out of nearly 100+ users I train/coordinate/manage, I got approximately 30 replies. All but 3 have recognized dimension issues. I realize this is a relatively small sample pool; but please recognize that just because YOU personally have not seen this issue does not negate it. I am glad that you have not been struggling to document your projects in Archicad; that's seriously great... but honestly, it would be easier if more people DID struggle with dimension and MVO bugs, since I have not been able personally to track down the trigger, despite the considerable time, effort, and tests I have been running through to attempt to forcibly recreate it.

4dProof
Advisor

doing "my part"... relink a drawing on a layout, and the view I linked to showed up with MVO missing. was that the trigger? it wasn't missing yesterday...

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 2.07.57 PM.png

@4dProof I agree there is something adrift with Navigator. Allegedly, the Layout layer settings are single & global, BUT today when relinking a view I managed to create a layout with a persistent layer setting different from all the others that basically hid all my views & title blocks. Not the first time this has happened, but the first time I made the Navigator connection. In part I think this particular issue was a consequence of not having the Layout displayed where I was changing the view links. This suggests to me that there is some issue with data leakage during transfer of view settings in the relinking process.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@SenecaDesignLLC wrote:

take a seat or quit complaining

🔨

(Best emoji available for tool)

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info

Lol I guess I'm the tool whose process doesn't force me to have a reason to complain about the software?

not saying the problems aren't real.

I love that no one has even answered the most important question that karl asked.

ya'll act like you dont know how to use all your resources or something.

but ill back karl up for sure since his question seems to ultimately be the real solution that no one has acknowledged.

🤔

Ill just keep tooling along since things work great for me.

yeah, layoutbook layer combo is for sure buggy. I skirt around that by putting everything on layouts on the AC layer; but this means I have to removed old change markers that need to be hidden

I don't have any problems! Problems aren't real! Everyone is stupid! I'm helping!

im-helping.jpg

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info

@SenecaDesignLLC  "your process" is yours. It provides you with a unique tunnel vision that seems blinded to the range of projects and workflows that AC is supposed to accommodate. As for Karl's original question, yes, I did actually respond to Karl. I have indeed ruled out user error. Since this is all predicated on the idea that we are all dumb $hts that don't know anything about coding or scripting; you may have something there... most of us are architects or designers. But if we need to break out the d!(k measuring contest to see who is qualified to have opinions or input on bugs and how they should be fixed or IF they are bugs to begin with: I have been using AC for nearly 2 decades (and before you tell me how long YOU have been using it, IDGAF, 17 years is enough for me to say I am experienced with the tools and features being discussed), I coordinate and consult independently for various offices, the largest of them is upwards of 70 users. I manage systems and files for projects ranging from 10,000 to 50,000 square feet and up, with drawing sets hitting triple digits. Many of the projects I coordinate and manage BIM files for have design budgets in the mid 8 figures, and the project teams are always experienced and well trained BIM practitioners. The fact that you are not experiencing this bug and I am says more about your workflow that it does mine. I'm not trying to $h!t on you here; I am honestly glad you are not struggling with these bugs... but don't come in here telling me to "take a seat" questioning credentials, blaming user error. Don't expect me to manage BIM systems, files, users, licenses, and servers at the level I am working at AND act as key beta tester for the last 3 releases of a software that my clients are paying most architects annual salary to maintain. Thanks... but I'm going to have to end our interactions in this thread at that.

so then have you done what karl asked? thats all ive been saying. quit **beep**ting on karl and maybe if yall showed him some respect you wouldnt need to be keyboard warriors and could solve the problem.

get with graphisoft and solve the problem its not that hard.

at least if you did what karl asked you might know why it happens even if you cant stop it.

should i quote karl for everyone being bigger a-holes than myself?

i may not have triple digit plan sets but im doing projects that range from 10000 to 18000 and by myself at the same time, so lets not try to have a **beep** comparing competition

if its really this big issue you are all having than CONTACT graphisoft tech and figure this **beep** out. LIKE KARL ORIGINALLY SUGGESTED! good lord.

peace

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!