BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Pocket Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
A pocket door, centered in the core of the wall, that has: split frame on trailing edge (Leaf T'ness + 1/2"), full width frame on strike side & standard casing on both sides of the wall.
D1 Pocket 13 doesn't function this way, also the wall pocket extends too far.
2 REPLIES 2
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Any improvements should also consider proper head & track representation in section/3D.

BTW, who the heck votes Not Important? Pocket doors have stunk for years. If GS cannot or will not gives us a graphic object editor then it’s up to them to make these parts correct. If they don’t they will die because the GDL of these types of objects is just too complex.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume the not important vote is someone who doesn't use the pocket door and so should be discounted. I have long wondered how that part was so eff'd up from the outset. Why isn't it just right to begin with (the standards for pocket doors are pretty specific), and then why is it so hard to get it almost acceptable (but not really). I wrote my own a long time ago and it is not that hard.
Learn and get certified!