BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

[ Poll ] Archvision's RPC

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi, People

Wouldn´t you like to add Archvision's RPC plugin in ArchiCAD?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I might if I knew more about it.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Check it at http://www.archvision.com/
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks good. I'll vote important.
Dwight
Newcomer
I have actually already seen this done in Archicad by one of our un-named independent developers.

Since the products are superior and would be an asset to Archicad, it must merely be a licensing [$$$] matter.

Of course, as times have changed, it would be great if these things could be also used in our most popular rendering application, Artlantis. That will be the day.
Dwight Atkinson
owen
Newcomer
I'm the 'Average' vote simply because I don't use ArchiCAD for rendering anything at a level i would be putting RPC content in - I'd use C4D for that. Personally I just don't think Graphisoft should be investing resources in the visualization aspect of the application at the moment. ArchiCAD is a building modeller and documenter, not a rendering package. Until it gets its primary function really nailed it shouldn't be worrying about secondary functions.

That said .. if i were a smaller practice using ArchiCAD for viz work as well I would probably have voted a little higher.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
RPCs are ugly if you take a closer look at them. And they are fast only if you use just a few. And as Archicad is not aware of Instances (like 3dsmax) they use A LOT OF MEMORY.
And IMO Lightworks in Archicad won't get better with thees and people.
Learn and get certified!