Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Polyline Edge Adjustment

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i select to move a straight edge of a polyline, it grows proportionally if the edge is at the end of the series of line segments.
Why does this happen? (It didn't in v.

See attached image
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Maybe somebody will fix it some day.
If it got broke accidentally, maybe it will get put right by accident.

For now: marquee stretch.
Dwight Atkinson
Aussie John
Newcomer
I dont think this ever worked in any -version. Basical the lines are edges of a fill with a hidden line making up the last line so when one side is edited it wont stay the same length. Pity
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never understood why this behaves this way (I assume it was just the easiest way to program it) and I have never found this behavior useful. It would be nice to see it fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember reading in a post a while back that it treats it as a closed polyline. Don't know why, but seems to be the case. I would be happy with both options in the pet pallette (stretch as if closed, stretch and maintain length).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart, that was my post.

I'm glad that others agree with me.

See my previous post on the subject.

This morning I was offsetting an edge of a polyline and the line completely flipped direction, so that instead of being to the left of the segment before it ended up being to the right of it.

Its just ridiculous