Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Polyline Edit - Add points / Close / Open

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some tools missing in the edition of polylines :
1. Add a point before the first one or after the last one
2. Close an open path
3. Open a closed polyline @ a given location (remove segment / split in a middle of a segment / split at an existing point)
5 REPLIES 5
tsturm
Newcomer
I would like to add the ability to join the different polylines and make them into a single polyline.

Also when splitting a poly line. I would like it split at that spot, not all the way across the shape.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
__archiben
Booster
tsturm wrote:
Also when splitting a poly line. I would like it split at that spot, not all the way across the shape.
quite! and not just with polylines: 'poly'-walls, irregular shaped fills, etc that double back on themselves, etc. etc...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoffroy wrote:
There are some tools missing in the edition of polylines :
1. Add a point before the first one or after the last one
This would be nice. I assume you would see this as an addition to the pet palette.
2. Close an open path
Do you mean by adding a segment between the end points? You can close one now by dragging one end to the other. This existing feature combined with the above wish would easily permit adding the closing segment.
3. Open a closed polyline @ a given location (remove segment / split in a middle of a segment / split at an existing point)
This would also be useful, and again I assume you mean by a selection in the pet palette. I presently use the split command with its obvious limitations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
tsturm wrote:
I would like to add the ability to join the different polylines and make them into a single polyline.
This would be great. I assume that it is under development since it is an obvious extension of the new poly-line tool and unify command. I suspect (hope) that this was part of the original spec for these features and that there simply wasn't enough time for the programmers to sort them out.
Isn't this the same as Geoffrey's item #3?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
This would be nice. I assume you would see this as an addition to the pet palette.
Yes...
Close an open path -> Do you mean by adding a segment between the end points? You can close one now by dragging one end to the other. This existing feature combined with the above wish would easily permit adding the closing segment.
If you close a path by moving one of the end point, you're not closing it : you're closing a different path, because you moved a point that should stay where it is, so a real option to close by adding a segment would be preferable
3. Open a closed polyline @ a given location (remove segment / split in a middle of a segment / split at an existing point) -> This would also be useful, and again I assume you mean by a selection in the pet palette. I presently use the split command with its obvious limitations.
A new option would also be needed. I tried to avoid the split command limitation by using a small polyline to cut the main one, but the function doesn't work...