BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Post ur ARCHICAD 16 Wishes here

Anonymous
Not applicable
personally i thk the shell tools can be further improve like
1) create doors n windows on shell.
2)the shell extrusion line can be edited ( curved, ... )

3)we can have 2 extrusion line : It means I can define 4 3d lines ... join them ... and make a shell - after that able to make thickness of shell n covert it into specific component like slab, roof or wall.

4) add in OBJECTIVE - "split" and "rotate" function n the shell editing.
5) add in autocad command "offset" juz as simple type n click like autocad. coz the current offset in archicad seems bit unconvenient.

i believe archicad will b a great if all this will b added in future version.thanks

tis are some wishes by others which i thk shud also b consider :http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=193985
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
...how about a Stairmaker that is not a joke?
I'd hate to be the one to break it to you, but none of what is posted here is likely going to make it into ArchiCAD 16.

Chances are that the new features and tools list of AC16 is already set and finalized and that all they are doing now is ironing out the bugs and Alpha/Beta testing to finalize the code.

Typically, new feature are decided upon 2-3 years ahead of when the actual version is to be released to allow them to incorporate all the necessary code and to iron out all the issues. A year is too little time to think up a new feature, and then integrate it all in time to allow them sufficient time to Beta test it before the release in the next spring.

For example, the Shell tool was probably already decided upon 3-4 years ago even though this is when they released the version with it.

So you probably stand a better chance renaming this topic ArchiCAD 18 wishes, but then again one might just ask, why not just post it in the Wishlist section?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stairmaker. A functional one. Tha's all I'm asking.

So let it be AC18, 19, whatever.

I bet anyone here that we won't have a working Stairmaker for Archicad 25.

Stairs: ever seen one in a building? Seriously.
Enrico wrote:
Stairmaker. A functional one. Tha's all I'm asking.

So let it be AC18, 19, whatever.

Stairs: ever seen one in a building? Seriously.

I feel your pain Enrico.

I have been banging on GS about this stair tool issue for the longest time I can remember as anyone who is familiar with my posts here on the forum will tell you.

But I have to say that for the first time in a long time I am somewhat optimistic that they will eventually address it either in the next version or at least in version 17 or 18. And this is in large part because of the modeling tools improvements that they brought in AC15.
IF I had to guess, I would think that that's something they had to do (improve the modeling tools - and I hope they're not completely done with them yet) before they could go into improving other core tools like the Stair tool with improved functionality.

At least that's my hope.

In any regard, if there's been any softening on my position, it's only because I ahve been forced to use Revit because of work situation for the last little while, and if you think that ArchiCAD's stair tool is bad, then you haven't used Revit yet or an actual bad Stair tool.

This isn't to excuse GS by any stretch of imagination from their obligation to improve it. But rather it's just to observe what a difficult thing it must be to develop a superior Stair tool in a BIM program.

Personally I think they should just buy out CADImage (or at least their Stairmaker tool) along with Cigraph's stair module - the same way they bought out Ductworks to give us MEP modeler - and then fold them into ArchiCAD while making improvements to them overall because even they don't have it correct yet.

I also naturally hope that ArchiCAD 17,18 or 19 or whatever will bring us a great parametric Custom object builder, that allows us to also build parametric custom windows and doors from ArchiCAD's modeling tools and give them parametric properties without having to learn or master GDL.

But again, I'm just hoping that their improvements to the modeling tools in AC15 are just a necessary step along the way to their improving all these other tools in upcoming versions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico wrote:
Really? How much?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awhile ago, I purchased one of the well know stair add-ons
for ArchiCad. From all of the tutorials and my testing it seemed that it would do what I wanted and much more..

Unfortunately, I could not get it to generate a stair configuration that is very typical here in the U.S. That would be
a newel post at the beginning of a stair run, one every 5' or so, and one (or possible two) and one at the top of the stair run.

The software company was very responsive initially, but at some point I think it became just too difficult and eventually I just made the stair out of parts. I think that might point out the difficulty in making a stair tool that can be all things to all people.

I would be curious how many AC users actually use a third party add-on and how many just make a stair manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i want to assign walls and curtain wall to design formed shape by shells.
Also, Graphisoft have to compete revit, man if Graphisoft saw what is revit did, it will be sad and shame to just ask us about wishlist and may do it or no, see revit what is done its improvements in each new version are much higher than archicad that its improvement is slow for sorry.

Archicad has to survive by this way, beacuse autodesk tend to support mac.
Also offset and stair tool is bad bad and very limited.
Barry Kelly
ahmed_hassan wrote:
Also offset and stair tool is bad bad and very limited.
The stair tool I can understand has problems but what is wrong with offset?
I don't use it a lot but it works pretty well as far as I know.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!