Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Power syringe

Extracting/injecting parameters could become much more powerful and useful by offering the option to better control what the syringe is doing: a window would pop up when you hit say *Shift-*Opt Click and allow you to check the parameters you want to extract from the source object (a list with the parameter names, their current value, similar to the library part parameters list only perhaps also showing the GDL name, each parameter with a checkbox).

It can work for injecting too, *Shift-*Opt-Cmd Click would allow you to check the parameters of the destination object you want to inject into. The destination object parameters for which no value has been brought into the syringe could be grayed.

Related to http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9223 .
4 REPLIES 4
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I think this is a very good idea except I would like to see an easy way to toggle this option off & on. When you don't need the control it seems to me that this would involve 1 more command stroke. I am still going to vote important as I think it would be very useful in lots of situations.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Gerald wrote:
I think this is a very good idea except I would like to see an easy way to toggle this option off & on.
Extracting with Opt-Click gives you the normal syringe, *Shift-*Opt-Click could give you the customization option.

On injecting Opt-Cmd gives you the standard, *Shift-*Opt-Cmd could give you the power.

(Don't remember if ArchiCAD handles all those modifier keys.)

Or something like that.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It could be a bit complicated - in some instances the parameters randomly picked up could cause errors after a script refresh and recalculation in injected objects. I am not really sure how would you handle and control a large number (virtually infinite) of variables and their constrains.
::rk
Rob wrote:
It could be a bit complicated […] parameters randomly picked up […] handle and control a large number (virtually infinite) of variables and their constrains.
The number of parameters is not potentially infinite, they are the parameters in the source object itself when extracting, the destination object when injecting. You already handle and control those every time you deal with the object settings window.

The syringe tool does all this without asking --extract the parametric values for the source objects, and inject the values into the non-locked parameters with the same GDL names in the destination object.

If the current syringe tool works, the option for controlled extraction/injection would work. And do the job the many times that the current copyall-pasteall syringe just doesn't.