Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Print Area on Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be useful if the marqee had a settings dialog box that would allow it to be used as a print setup. Example, select it, specify the scale - 100%, 50% or 1/4" scale output, then select the target output print area - 8.5" x11" - etc. Then you could see it appear on your drawing and move it to a specific area on the layout or drawing.

Vectorworks has a feature like that and it is useful for quick accurate prints and PDF's.
6 REPLIES 6
Stress Co_
Advisor
You can (sort of) do this now on a Mac. Select your paper size. Marquee the area to print. In the Print dialogue window, select ArchiCAD. Select Marquee as the Print area. Set the output scale (or fit to page).... the preview will tell you if a set scale will fit the paper size. Is this what your after?
Picture 6.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
TomWaltz
Participant
I think his point was more to be able to set an 8 1/2 x 11 marquee, then move it around to see how much of your it would actually print, not in blue outline but actually on your plan/detail, etc.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom is right, seeing the drawing (and) the print area at the same time is more useful. Glad to see other opinions.
Stress Co_
Advisor
TomWaltz wrote:
I think his point was more to be able to set an 8 1/2 x 11 marquee, then move it around to see how much of your it would actually print, not in blue outline but actually on your plan/detail, etc.
Ohh, got ya. Yea .... that be helpful.
My workaround: I've got a couple of polylines set to a scaled paper size. I drag it for where I want it and then create the marquee inside the polyline.

(Off the topic, but ..I wish we could adjust/stretch marquees like a fill).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I use the same technique - scaled lines, but I am working in an office of VectorWorks users who are making the transition to ArchiCad. They pointed out this "better" feature from VectorWorks and I quickly agreed with them. This could be better, thus the wish. Glad other ArchiCad users agree.
__archiben
Booster
Burginger wrote:
This could be better, thus the wish. Glad other ArchiCad users agree.
i'd also like to see the fat marquee print the same area on all storeys . . . ideal for quick stairwell plans . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup