BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Print scale - AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it would be nice if the default print scale was 100%, not "Fit to page" as it currently is. And also that 100% was a button all of its own, not a "custom" print scale.

Anyone else think this makes sense (or know how to change the default)?
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My preference would be to have the Scale stick to 'Original'. It's a poor oversight from GS that resulted in this changing from sticking to 100% in AC9 to Fit to Page in AC10.

I don't know how to change the default, but as with any setting, if you select the folder that is the top of the hierarchy in the Publishing Set (which is hopefully a clone of either the entire book or at least a subset of the book), and set the Scale to 'Original' or 100% it should apply to all the subfolders (and layouts contained within them) too.

[Edit: Upon further invesigation, it appears that 'Original' is only offered for non-layout views, so printing at 100% is the correct default setting for publishing layouts, as you said.]

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite right, Printing a layout gives you "Fit to page" and "custom" only.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I guess the logic is that we can Resize a layout or scale anything else.

Makes sense I suppose, but defaulting to anything but the correct size/scale is still a terrible oversight.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!