Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Printing a PDF at A2, A1 or A0 on a Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just realised that I cannot print a PDF anything larger than A3 on my Mac as I don't yet have either a plotter or PDF printer driver. Any recommendations on a decent PDF app that can plot at these sizes?
3 REPLIES 3
Marc H
Advisor
Hmm,
There should not be any restriction on a digital PDF size produced by AC. AC comes with an internal PDF maker. The size is governed by your master layout size. Choose or set the master layout sheet size first and then add your graphics onto it.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
mikas
Expert
If you want or need to use the regular print to pdf function besides the powerfull AC publishing tool, you need to create your bigger paper sizes first. It´s there in the paper size menu: "manage paper sizes" or something like that.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc wrote:
Hmm,
There should not be any restriction on a digital PDF size produced by AC. AC comes with an internal PDF maker. The size is governed by your master layout size. Choose or set the master layout sheet size first and then add your graphics onto it.
thanks, I had not realised that AC provide a built in publisher (or rather I had not explored this yet.) Having looked at this, it appears to do what I want, which saves me the hassle of either purchasing a PDF writer, or a plotter. I just need to send this now to the printers and check if it all works to the right scale.