Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Productivity, Productivity, Productivity ArchiCAD 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
What are the 3 P's when buying real-estate?

What are the 3 P's when buying cad software?

Ok ArchiCAD wish list for 17 is done and dusted.

We need to start our wish list immediately after we receive ArchiCAD 17 so we don't miss the boat or is even that too late for an ArchiCAD 18 wish list?

Will a Touch Screen UI speed up productivity for a future version of ArchiCAD lets say for AC 18?

What changes would they need to make in the current UI and how long would it take?

IMO I would think whoever is the first to get this up and running in the CAD market will be a winner of many more users?
14 REPLIES 14
Ed Wolfstein
Participant
One feature I'd LOVE to see in ArchiCAD would be real-time 3D Window updating (and vice-versa). For example, if you were designing a space in Plan (or any 2D View for that matter) then the 3D Window would show changes as they occur in real time. You could then speed up design decisions. You wouldn't have to go back to the 3D Window for a "look-see" every time you make a change. You would simply keep a 3D Window open (even better with multi-monitor setups) and get the 3D feedback constantly. Similarly, if you where moving stuff around in the 3D Window, you would be able to see the resulting changes in Plan (or Section, or Elevation) in real-time as well.

I know that the argument is that it would slow ArchiCAD down, and I could see that with mega sized models, But perhaps it could be a toggle-able feature that could be set in your preferences. This hurdle also harkens back to when ArchiCAD was using single-processor 68000 chipsets. Now that we have multi-core machines, reasonably priced, with gobs of RAM, Solid State drives, and lightning fast GPUs, why can this be easily implemented?

Just a thought.

Cheers!

- Ed.

Edward Wolfstein, AIA, NCARB, MRAIC, CSI
Chair, Vermont Board of Architects
Wolfstein Architecture
100 Church Street
Burlington, VT 05401 USA

802-864-8334
Edward Wolfstein, AIA, NCARB, MRAIC, CSI
Wolfstein Architecture
Burlington, VT 05401 USA

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
ArchiCAD 21 (USA Full)
There is a very simple solution to making ArchiCAD perfect.

If they would just make it how I want it, everyone will love it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys an Gals.
When will have extrude a closed shapes along a path as in many engineering products and or the ability to import from Pro-engineer or Inventor? Many times I have to create bits of walls plus bits of slabs and even parts of a roof to achieve say an arched window frame profile. yet an engineer can create what I need in seconds.

Best to all
Frederick
Eduardo Rolon
phobia1 wrote:
Hi Guys an Gals.
When will have extrude a closed shapes along a path as in many engineering products and or the ability to import from Pro-engineer or Inventor? Many times I have to create bits of walls plus bits of slabs and even parts of a roof to achieve say an arched window frame profile. yet an engineer can create what I need in seconds.

Best to all
Frederick
You can use Walls or Beams with Custom Profiles as a workaround. Morphs also can follow a path.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Have tried most of those. Mind you I haven't updated since v13. The need for integration is making me look again.
Thanks for the reply.
Best
Frederick