BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Profile Management: FOLDERS! etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has long been clear and is becoming even more so as we find more and more ways to use the profile tools that a hierarchical method of organization is beyond essential it is absolutely REQUIRED!

Considering that profiles are used for:
1. Trims and moldings
2. Structural steel
3. Foundations and footings
4. Wall types
5. Ceiling track
6. Sheet metal
7. Fencing
8. Vaults and arches
...and so much more (these are just a few that come to mind quickly).

It seems imperative that we have some better system than a single alphabetical list.

At a minimum we need a hierarchical list view with named folders/categories. Sub-categories would be good too.

This will also require some way to manage the folders. This could simply be added to the Profile Manager, though I have some much more grand ideas about attribute management (which I'll go into later if I have time).
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
This is absolutely required.

Right now I try to use a consistent naming scheme to help keep profiles organized but that quickly becomes unmanageable as a project progresses. Folders and subfolders would certainly help this.

I too have other wishes for profile management, but lets not muddy the waters for this wish and just keep it to this single simple issue!
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Emphatic Yes!

This could be the basis for a fantastic new and better tool. Give us standard mouldings and steel sections already loaded and a visual User Interface for selection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
At the same time, could we have folders and or colors for layer types/groups?
Learn and get certified!