Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Info customisation

zarmenas
Newcomer
My wish is to have an option to organise the Project Info fields by requirements of my country's codes, not creating a bunch of "custom" fields and making a mess in there.

The fact that one cannot rename or delete the default fields, renders it nearly unusable. What I mean - project code, project name, addresses, contact details, architect's details, etc. are country-specific, code-specific and need to be laid-out in certain way. At the moment default fields are useless for me, I have to create custom ones that mix up with the default ones creating a mess.

I strongly believe this is long overdue. It should not be something very hard to change, is it?

By the way, if anyone has a solution for this, I'd be very happy to hear it.
2 REPLIES 2

Is this for autotext purposes or is it because it gets automatically exported with some file format?

For me, personally, I fill out the fields that make sense for Dutch adresses and you can just sort the invididual fields with autotext in any order you want.

Beyond initital start of the project I don't fill out much more, so the empty fields don't really bother me, I do make custom entries for autotext purposes (detail text etc).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-24 NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

zarmenas
Newcomer
It is meant to be used in Autotext. As an example, on Master Layout one can configure Drawing stamps to fill-in all the information automatically, what would save lots of work and lots of human mistakes. Unfortunately, the build-in fields do not represent the information that is needed by our codes and standards, so we need to make custom ones.
Even the information structure is different than needed - for example, Site details are not needed at all. Contact section should have fields not only for architect, but for his/hers license number. To cut long story short, the structure of the Project Info is just wrong for us and therefore I would like to have an option to change it. It can be via options, or scripting, or any other means, I don't care.
At the moment it is just a very promising and useful thing except it is not. It's like they'd give us wall tool with predefined 100 composite structure settings with no means to change or delete them.

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!