Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Publish to Sketchup file format from Publisher

gdford
Advisor

It would be extremely helpful if we could use publisher to create sketchup export models like we can do for IFC models.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Hi Gary,

Just to be sure I understand - haven't used SU in years:  Archicad can do a Save As to Sketchup from the 3D Window ... and I assume that the 3D model is the only thing from Archicad that can open in SU anyway.  So, a Publisher Set to create a skp file would only have a single item, a 3D view - is that right?  No layouts can be sent to SU, or can they? - and if so, what are they when opened there?
If only a 3D view saved as skp - then letting Publisher do this would basically save having to remember which 3D view to open, and to do the File Save As and select skp and the folder - or is there more to it that I'm missing to clarify the wish?  Thanks!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hey Karl,

Yes its just 3d model stuff.
Right now you have to do a "save as" for each model you want to export out as a sketchup file. It is a shame that we cant use the publisher instead.. I have a big project that has lots of other models from consultants and fabricators coming in. It too much for Archicad. We are using Trimble Connect to bring together Archicad, revit, 3d dwgs, and sketchup. Trimble Connect works great. Of course the IFC files from Archicad and revit come in without finishes, but sketchup going into Trimble retains finishes, so I have been doing sketchup exports from Archicad to trimble, so we can see the architecural finishes in the combined model... All of the architectural is to much to push into trimble in one big export, so the architectural is broken down into many smaller exports..... thus the  "save as" is a big pain. Trimble Connect has been an amazing addition to the process of telling the story and looking for problems. 

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that this is an existing wish in our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-2548)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!