Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

QTVR and animation improvements

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. When I create QTVR Scene, every time I want to change something I have to rerender all VR's again. there should be possibility to use already rendered VR panoramas and rerender only selected VR's.
2. It will be also more comfortable if I will be able to choose name of VR (now name is generated based on the folder where you store VR panoramas)
3. I wish to have possibility to chose background picture separately for each panorama. Now I can use only one panoramic background for all scene. It makes a lot of troubles with matching. (ex http://www.stantonarch.com/login/050303-habiger/qtvr.html )
4. I wish to have the option of enviromental backgrounds (spherical, cylindrical) Now I'm building huge cylindrical walls around building, and it works but ... colors are not very good, matching don't works sometimes, and what is most important, I can't use shadows (ex. http://www.stantonarch.com/login/050303-habiger/fly.html)

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
The huge cylindrical walls solution is valid if you mask the sky out. The attachment shows shadows cast from trees as applied to a wall face.

If you need more sophisticated background shading, map trees to walls and increase the complexity of the background elements - treat them as interleaved stand up theatrical "flats".... the ends of walls could map to the edges of trees and will cast more irregular shadows.

Several years ago when ArchiCAD Talkers discovered this cyclorama idea, we looked at using several layers of cylinder walls. As the QTVR position changed, the background would also change relatively - nice in urban settings for representing mid-ground versus more distant objects....

Using a curved wall in a complete circle will result in two walls of 180 degrees with repeated mapping- ie: two identical origins for mapping...

If the map fails to match the wall, use the texture realign/reposition function to adjust it. Hint place wall base at abs. zero "Z".

But instead of focusing on the background, try hiding the material repeats in the foreground - much more effective use of energy.... and get your light levels up.....

I'm Johnny Vu - take my seminar.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
< The huge cylindrical walls solution is valid if you mask the sky out. The <attachment shows shadows cast from trees as applied to a wall face.

That is actually not the point. Masking is not the problem, because what I want to get is also nice sky with clouds etc. Even if I will make a lot of layers it will not change the poit that somewhere I will need enviromental sky.

<If you need more sophisticated background shading, map trees to walls <and increase the complexity of the background elements - treat them as <interleaved stand up theatrical "flats".... the ends of walls could map to <the edges of trees and will cast more irregular shadows.

Again it is not the point cause I want to put house into the REAL enviroment. Look for a sample. Complexity will change nothing cause I don't want to put some elements that don't exist.

<Using a curved wall in a complete circle will result in two walls of 180 <degrees with repeated mapping- ie: two identical origins for mapping...
<If the map fails to match the wall, use the texture realign/reposition <function to adjust it. Hint place wall base at abs. zero "Z".

Eeee 2+2=4 ? I'm sorry but I'm something like advanced user.

<But instead of focusing on the background, try hiding the material <repeats in the foreground - much more effective use of energy.... and <get your light levels up.....

Again ... that is not the point.

< I'm Johnny Vu - take my seminar.

Hmmm... , I can give You also some of mine seminars .
stefan
Expert
I think that you need to take a serious look at an additional program for rendering more complex ArchiCAD animations. ArchiCAD is usable as-is but cannot solve all of these questions.

Maybe you need to add a tool like Cinema4D or 3ds max into your toolset...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm. That is my wish. I know That I can use other software. But... why ? Why should I spent more mane for rendering software ? Why should I spend more time fixing all the problems, and correcting materials lights backgrounds etc. ? I want to make all in one software. And what is more important no other software gives me ability to generate QTVR's so easily.
stefan
Expert
Miki wrote:
Hmmm. That is my wish. I know That I can use other software. But... why ? Why should I spent more mane for rendering software ? Why should I spend more time fixing all the problems, and correcting materials lights backgrounds etc. ? I want to make all in one software. And what is more important no other software gives me ability to generate QTVR's so easily.
I understand that you expect much from ArchiCAD, but to be honest, there is not a single program on this planet that is capable of both usable construction documentation, 2D-drafting, 3D-modelling, full animations capabilities and all the bells and whistles you expect from tools like Maya or 3ds max. And you can't do construction drawings in Maya or max for sure...

Even Microstation, which now has extensive rendering features built in (raytracing, radiosity, particle tracing), is often used in combination with VIZ or max for renderings & animations. Not that Microstation lacks the features, but it lacks the interactivity some of the 3D-animation software can have for controlling lighting, materials & rendering parameters.

The ArchiCAD material properties and light properties are simply not extensive enough for these tasks, and they don't have to be IMHO.

I suggest combining ArchiCAD with other tools. Starting with Art*lantis or AV_Works and upgrading to Lightwave, Maya, 3ds max, XSI or Cinema4D when required.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
This guy must have a cousin in New Jersey.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand all of that, but ... I don't ask about full particles, animation, morfing, compositing etc. I just wish to have a little more. Just a little, but enough to be able make all I want in one software. That's it. Is that to much ? That is the wish list, and I wish to have this features. Is that something wrong. I don't complain that I cat live without this. I just wish to have those included in Archicad.