BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

RailMaker, ArchiRail?

MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Some kind of tool for making rails which would follow slabs, stairs, ramps...

It should be made programmable in the way you can enter the distance between posts and they appear as you shorten or lengthen the rail. Of course, it has to be integrated in a way with stairs and other non-horizontal elements.

Maybe this is a good idea for a new Cigraph plug-in? I get 10%, ok?
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
3 REPLIES 3
LiHigh
Newcomer
Making rails which would follow slabs can be accomplished by using the "Slab Accessories". What we are missing is an gdl obj. that can retreive data collected by the API.

As for stair/ramp, the current version of stairmaker do allow user to customize railing; But one has to be an gdl expert and dig deep into the script to find out all the variables used. (Please GS, at least publish some sort of document to inform us what are those variables).
I would suggest GS to improve stairmaker so that it can generate 3D railing path enable railing obj. (new subtype: stair railing) to read and generate 3D model; And users are able to customize the balustrade/baluster in the mean of Macros (maybe with the help of Archiforma?). Thus making it more flexible!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
How do you achieve it with Slab Accessories? I have only two options available there:
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Durval
Enthusiast
It is not the complete solution to your wish, but you may want to have a look at MultiRail, available at Objects Online.
It does not automatically follows slabs , but it's a comprehensive highly parametric object, written for ArchiCAD 7, working fine with AC 9.
I'm already working on a new version, hope it's available by January/2005. The upgrade will be free.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!