Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Real tree view in calculate menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
When defining an interactive schedule or any custom schedule in the calculate menu, if you want to add parameters of object, the choice to get theses element must be made by selecting the object first.

To select the objects ArchiCAD will present a partial tree view where all the elements will be listed but nearly unusable : they seem to be sorted alphabetically but with an hidden folder structure (see screenshot)...

Can't the real library folder structure be used ?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Geoffroy wrote:
When defining an interactive schedule or any custom schedule in the calculate menu, if you want to add parameters of object, the choice to get theses element must be made by selecting the object first.

To select the objects ArchiCAD will present a partial tree view where all the elements will be listed but nearly unusable : they seem to be sorted alphabetically but with an hidden folder structure (see screenshot)...

Can't the real library folder structure be used ?
I agree - since we first locate the objects via our library folder structure, that is the structure that we should see when we search for objects in the I.S. IMHO.

Actually, if the objects were sorted alphabetically, it wouldn't be as bad as it is ... but they are not. They are sorted alphabetically in groups corresponding to their original folders. In the US library, you get a huge long list of 100's of library parts that have no apparent order until you realize that they follow this hidden grouping. Yes! Just show the folders. (As a separate wish, I'd like a list that is completely alphabetical so that I don't even have to remember what folder a part came from...or a search function. Let's not complicate Geoffroy's wish with that.)

Another option that we have that helps track down a hard-to-find library part in the I.S. is the show "All Types by Subtype" as shown in the attached.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Another option that we have that helps track down a hard-to-find library part in the I.S. is the show "All Types by Subtype" as shown in the attached.
Yes, bu it will only work with newer libraries (made with AC8)... so it's still a mess with older library parts, as they are all on the same level