BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Relative Path option for Hotlinked Modules

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When placing an external Drawing it is possible to store its path relative to the Project File.

I would like the same option for Hotlinked Modules.
So when the Project File is moved from one computer to another the Hotlinked Modules will be found even if the Project files and Hotlinked modules are placed into a folder with a different path on the new computer.

Then I would not have to relink many-many hotlinks in the Hotlink Manager.

Seems like an easy task for me. I hope it really is.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
11 REPLIES 11
Marc H
Advisor
This seems a fairly straightforward and very useful configuration, especially as we move to more hot-link use. I recall doing something similar with a client app to find the parent db file on the remote server by storing the UNC formatted address.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Santi Lombana
Contributor

Hi team,

Is there any update on this topic, Im working with holinks modules and everytime my colleague publishes them from a different PC then I need to relink them one by one as the modules show missing....IS there any solution to avoid this? Or is there any way of setting hotlinks modules to relative path?
Thanks!

Learn and get certified!