Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Remove Sharp Corner of intersecting walls

Hello,

I have two walls joining with one wall at a degree less than perpendicular to the other. When I intersect the two walls together, it creates a very sharp point. How can I make it so that there is no point? 

See image attached. 

Thank you.

nathan burkholder

Archicad 25.4013

Windows 11

Screenshot 2022-03-04 114607.png
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

It's just showing what you modeled.  If you want a blunt end.. then you need a vertical wall at that point, but the intersection probably still won't clean up properly because, based on your surprise, I'm guessing that your wall reference lines are the inside of the angle.  If the reference lines are on the outside, then they will properly intersect and clean up with a very short vertical wall.  As many have said - model the way you would build it. 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In such a case, I would model that Wall end as a Column with a Complex Profile so it will correctly heal with the Wall in Floor Plan and 3D, and classify it as a Wall so it will schedule/export properly.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

It's just showing what you modeled.  If you want a blunt end.. then you need a vertical wall at that point, but the intersection probably still won't clean up properly because, based on your surprise, I'm guessing that your wall reference lines are the inside of the angle.  If the reference lines are on the outside, then they will properly intersect and clean up with a very short vertical wall.  As many have said - model the way you would build it. 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In such a case, I would model that Wall end as a Column with a Complex Profile so it will correctly heal with the Wall in Floor Plan and 3D, and classify it as a Wall so it will schedule/export properly.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tinou
Enthusiast

hello,

An option to crop or round the wall angles (without creating a new element) could be nice.

If the size of crop ou rounded angle is smaller than thikness of wall, current way of insert a short wall in between doesn't work correctly.

Tinou.

Étienne - AC 24 - France