Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Remove the Morph tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
As title says - You should be ashamed of the Morph tool you have introduced.
We are architects, not sketchuppers, we buy Archicad because we are professionals, therefore we want professional tools.

Add a proper set of modeling tools and remove Morph, seriously, it's embarassing.

M.
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I don't think it's embarrassing at all. It has lots of great uses for freeform modeling of parts of buildings.

Let's say you make a fascia from a morph and extrude it all around your roof and you make it out of fascia material and put it on a fascia layer and give it fascia IFC properties. How is that not a fascia?

Perhaps the embarrassing part is that you don't know what to use it for?

Cheers,
Link.
DGSketcher
Legend
The Morph tool isn't as friendly as sketchup when it comes to basic editing, but I for one would be very disappointed if it was removed. It fills an important gap when creating those awkward shapes that keep cropping up in projects and is far more versatile.

Improve the morph workflow: 1 Remove it: 0
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's say you make a fascia from a morph and extrude it all around your roof and you make it out of fascia material and put it on a fascia layer and give it fascia IFC properties. How is that not a fascia?

Yes, The Morph Tool Helps a lot.

Improve the morph workflow: 1 Remove it: 0

Yes, This is what Graphisoft Needs to do, Improve it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You clearly have no clue about what freeform modeling is, I don't know your methods in archicad to build a complex sweep or loft, and at this point I am afraid to ask.
M.