BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Renovation Filter Wish - Duplicating a Filter including its Pinned Geometry

Emre Senoglu
Expert

As some of you might know, the renovation filters are very useful for creating iterations/options inside a single Archicad file. John (ContraBIM on youtube) explains this method quite well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymlv9wORX_o

In extension to this, it would be a very useful feature to be able to duplicate a filter (renovation layer / option however you want to call it) along with all the geometry pinned to that specific filter. Currently, you have to copy all the geometry for each story when creating a new option/iteration.

EmreSenoglu_0-1647005475398.png

Being able to duplicate all the pinned geometry would greatly speed up the multiple option workflow which I assume many architects/offices use.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend

Instead of duplicating geometry we should just be able to pin to multiple filters.

Or maybe they just add the missing 5% to the issue manager and we could also manage design options. We are so close, and yet so far away.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
4dProof
Advisor

going to give this a bump... 

Currently setting up a project that will have at least 2 phases. We are considering phase 1 = existing, phase 2 = new. This should allow us to show/hide without redundant geometry or unnecessary layers.

Pinning to a renovation filter is ok for small iterative studies; but wondering if anyone has any other workflow ideas for phased projects?

I anticipate my idea of using reno status for phases may fall short when we undoubtedly get a phase 1.5 or phase 3 or have iterations of each phase

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Learn and get certified!