BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Renovation filter for composite structures

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are so many time I thought how useful it can be, to add isolation layers. In composite walls over all, but I think they should be there in every composite structure and complex profile too.
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Some of the functionality to enable it seems to exist with offering partial structural display of models.

It would be very nice to have indeed.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have been hoping for this for a while now..
Adding insulation to existing walls is an important part of our job!
And there is not a good workaround for this...

If you add the insulation as an extra wall, you
1. get into problems with window and door openings and connections (it is possible, but tedious and not flexible)
2. you lose ecodesigner functionality

If you demolish the existing composite and add a new composite with insulation, you
1. get faulty schedules
2. get flawed demolition plans

I'm a bit surprised that only 10 people have voted this as essential. I personally know 15 people here in the office who find this essential
Vote please!
Anonymous
Not applicable
@pitrak Absolutely true. This is what I exactly need, and I hoped that AC has some magical tricks to show/hide composite structures, but obviously AC isn't almighty So there is no some other ways more technical correct, but those two you described in your post, isn't it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
There's a great part of construction that nowadays is in need of renovations and refurbishments . This is an essential feature that is missing.
PB
Advocate
pitrak wrote:
We have been hoping for this for a while now..
Adding insulation to existing walls is an important part of our job!
And there is not a good workaround for this...

If you add the insulation as an extra wall, you
1. get into problems with window and door openings and connections (it is possible, but tedious and not flexible)
2. you lose ecodesigner functionality

If you demolish the existing composite and add a new composite with insulation, you
1. get faulty schedules
2. get flawed demolition plans

I'm a bit surprised that only 10 people have voted this as essential. I personally know 15 people here in the office who find this essential
Vote please!
This sums it up perfectly !

Actually, I'm astonished there are not many more of us clamouring for this functionality: It would be so very, very useful on almost all renovation projects.

Whilst not a programmer, it would seem that all the necessary technology & individual processes exist already within ArchiCAD.
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Layer renewal can be done as follows.

Let's divide the element by; Core, Covering, other; and each one has a separate renewal system, that would also serve to also be able to divide complex profiles, and each renewal state would have to be classified by phases.
Learn and get certified!