Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Reserve an item after making changes to dialogue box

raoultittel
Participant
Hi All,

When using teamwork I think a 'reserve item' button on any dialogue box after you have selected an element such as a library part would be great.

It would save time as I often don't notice that I don't have an element reserved (greyed out OK button), then I make changes to the settings, then I have to exit the window and start all over again!

Often do this when in a rush.

Please make it so.

Raoul
Archicad 24 PC Windows 10 Pro

x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) 32gb RAM Nvidia Quadro P1000
2 REPLIES 2
Hello,

The power of Archicad's work ergonomics resides in its simplicity and in the bridges that archicad creates between an object and its edition without going through menus and submenus. I think that adding a second button to reserve an object (while it is already being edited) is not going in the right direction.
Working in teamwork works like a communal library : if you want to modify or print a book, you have to BEFORE booking it. A great Library cause you can put books into this library without permission 😉
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

This is an already working BIMcloud only feature - the Reservation Assistant (or so called "autoreserve" does the same thing - if you forgot to reserve an element prior editing it, ARCHICAD automatically reserves it for you.

As I said, it is BIMcloud only, which means, it requires BIMcloud User Licenses to be able to use.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin