BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Reserving Elements from the Element Selection Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reserving elements after the selection settings is open seems like a no brainer, and some of the tools already do this, stairs for example. But if I go through and change setting on the windows or doors in my project and forget to reserve the windows/doors ahead of time, all the changes are lost because I have to close out to reserve.
It should be (but doesn't seem to be) possible to reserve elements in a teamwork file from within the selection settings dialog box. This should be a universal function for all tools (objects, walls, beams, slabs, roofs, doors, windows...).
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That is actually a very good and useful idea in my opinion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree - it would be great and it happens to all of us. I guess the problem is what happens when someone else has it or some of the selected elements. You'd need a Request button and what would the workflow be? Since you'd need to come out of the dialog (presumably) to process the request(s).

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or the teamwork palette has a priority higher than the selection settings IF the selection settings are open already.
Learn and get certified!