Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Resize/organize Info Box area

A_ Smith
Expert
Hi.
Would be great if you gave us the opportunity to manage its space. Because, sometimes it has lots of free space, which we could use for other settings.
Thank you in advance.
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
In the Work Environment, you can change what appears in the Info Box and in which order each parameter group appears... but you cannot control the appearance of a parameter. I realize this is a "wish", but would point out that the Info Box works so much better when it is displayed vertically as in the attached screenshot. It is much easier to read-off most values for any selected element, or one being placed. I like mine flush to the left side of the screen with the Tools just to the right as shown. Other users perfer the Tools at the far left and then the Info Box.

See if one of those arrangements helps with your productivity.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
A_ Smith
Expert
I know about that. Simply, I used to horizontal display of info box. Probably GS should consider making default interface as you mentioned. In that case, users won't have to retrain their habits...
My teacher at university (ages ago) said it's better to try to use all settings that AC has by default - so we (users) won't have to rename shortcuts, change interface unless it's strongly needed. In that way, we would feel more comfortable with AC on any other PC, after installing a new version of AC and basically had less troubles to make interface how we used to. But it's just my subjective opinion
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
Barry Kelly
A. wrote:
My teacher at university (ages ago) said it's better to try to use all settings that AC has by default - so we (users) won't have to rename shortcuts, change interface unless it's strongly needed. In that way, we would feel more comfortable with AC on any other PC, after installing a new version of AC and basically had less troubles to make interface how we used to. But it's just my subjective opinion

That is why you can set up your own Work Environment.
You can export it and then import it onto any other machine and you will have Archicad just the way you want it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions regarding the interface of Archicad.

I am happy to say this is an existing wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #10495). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Lingwisyer
Guru
Slight tangent, but on the thought of exporting Work Environments, would be convenient if you could store that in the cloud linked to your GS account. So if you login on any computer, it can sync your settings. AutoCAD used to have this feature which I used frequently, but they killed it when they retired A360...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
So if you login on any computer, it can sync your settings.
Agreed. Much needed.
Or perhaps it could be added to a Dedicated Shared Resource File.